September 6, 2014

Porcelain Commission


 
It was really exciting painting on porcelain for the first time. At Art in the Open, a customer saw my custom painted shoes and asked whether I could paint on cups. After much thought, I said yes! It's practically the same thing, how hard can it be? Hence, I took on the task and started researching on how I could get the job done. It took a couple of practices, but thankfully I managed to do it. I bought black and brown Pebeo Porcelain 150 paints from Curry's & practiced on my own cup.

Attempt # 1: As I painted, I noticed the paint was leaving brush strokes. I scratched the paint to test whether the paint was removable. Thankfully it was prior to baking it.
Attempt #2: My brother took crack at it and learned that we can scratch the unwanted edges without damaging the cup.
Attempt #3: I learned that with layers, it's possible to get a solid colour without leaving obvious brush streaks. 


Here's the final product!


No comments:

Post a Comment