August 31, 2014

Fan Expo 2014


Booth #464 at Fan Expo 2014
I never thought that I would have the opportunity to sell at Fan Expo this year. However a few weeks ago, it was a pleasant surprise when a man named Ian Howlett visited me at Art in the Open and offered me a spot at his table! Not only was I extremely grateful, but I was shocked and maybe a tiny bit skeptical. It's not something you would expect from out of the blue.



Despite the case, I prepared my work and headed out to the convention. It was a little nerve-racking since I wasn't sure if this offer was real or not. Plus it wasn't easy hauling my huge suitcase of merchandise through a busy crowd. Thankfully Ian's booth did exist and it was called the "Brampton Indie Booth" where I got to meet a bunch of cool Brampton artists there.

Fan Expo is my 4th convention of the year and with experience, I managed to improve on transporting my merchandise. However I'm still having troubles with my table display. After looking through the artist alley, I took down some notes on how I can make mine better.

So thank you for those who came by my booth and bought my "EYE LOVE" pins and posters. Look forward to making much more artwork and I hope to see you again soon!
by Ian Yuan - Pixel artist

Fan Expo 2014 - Arthur Darvill, Heather Agoncillo & Matt Smith
Special thanks to:
Ian Howlett, Ian Yuan, Barbara Klypych, Leanne Chan, Joseph Kong, James Jamroz & my supportive parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment