March 19, 2013

The Mystery Wood


This assignment got a lot of attention last semester and I bet you could see why. What was required of this project was to make a one page comic that had a hook at the end. However, the story had to revolve around one of the provided themes which were hunger, anger, mystery and love. The possibilities were endless. I had a difficult time deciding of what I wanted to draw.

In the end, I chose to solve  'The Mystery behind Morning Wood'.

I don't recall how I came up with this idea but I knew I wanted to draw something hilarious and so weird that it would leave the viewer confused of what they just saw. When I presented this comic in class, I got the reaction I desired from my classmates.They were laughing at the absurdity of the piece and they all asked what the little creatures were and what they were doing. I explained that these critters come at night to worship the penis and when they do, it erects and stands tall like a mystical tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment